All answers are correct, no matter how harsh or silly. Don’t worry about offending me. I have a thick skin, and I tend to be painfully blunt in my own interactions.
I prefer some quick, initial thoughts sent to me right away over a well thought out response you never get around to. I say this only because I am guilty of procrastinating things into oblivion due to my own perfectionism.
Here are my questions for you:
- What do you like about this blog/website? What would you like to see more of? What is/are your favorite post(s)?
- What do you dislike about this blog/website? What would you like to see less of? What is/are your least favorite post(s)?
- How often would you like an update from this blog? What day(s) and time(s) would you like the blog updates?
- What do you think my focus should be?
- Do you have any suggestions for a tag line?
- What type of picture do you think typifies this website?
- What would you like to see on the homepage?
- What type of free give away would you like from me (How to _____, a collection of personal stories, pictures that could be used as computer wallpaper, anything else you can think of) ?
- What resources would you like to see?
- Do you read the blog on the web or via email?
To give you a better framework with which to answer my questions, here are my current thoughts on how I will be changing my website.
- The focus will stay on the outdoors and adventure.
- I plan on removing much of the emphasis on love and romance.
- I will be changing the tag line, currently “Love, the Greatest Adventure of All”
- I will be changing the top image to complement the new tag line.
- I plan to add a Resources section to help my reader get outside and have an adventure of their own.
- I might add an About Me page. As of now, I am unsure how that is different from a Bio. I need to look into that.
- I wish to keep a clean website design. That might mean changing my current design.
- The homepage will change. I am open to suggestions.
- The blog is completely open to change based on feedback I receive from you.
I would love to hear what you think of my current website, and how you would like to see it changed. Please respond via email to [email protected] or leave a comment below.
*Photo credit: Ian Hughes (epredator on Flickr), Creative Commons License